WebCFG is a web application that needs a servlet container (e.g. Apache Tomcat, Mortbay Jetty, JBoss AS, Glassfish, BEA Weblogic, IBM Websphere) to run. The installation can be done in two ways: the easy way and the expert way. If you don't already have Java and a servlet container installed, chose the the easy installation where all the required software is supplied.
Installation - the easy way
- Windows System (MS Windows XP/Vista/2003/2000)
- RPM based distributions
- Debian distributions
- other linux/unix systems
Installation - the expert way
You installed java and a sevlet container yourself. Now, deploy WebCFG only to your existing and running container
- existing servlet container like tomcat
Configure your installation
After installation is completed, please follow the next steps:
- Configure WebCFG for all kind of systems
- To install WebCFG-bundle, please download and start the WebCFG-bundle-installer.exe.
- If you want to register WebCFG as a windows service (starting WebCFG while booting windows), please mark the corresponding checkbox in the setup.
- Starting "Show logfiles" from the Start-Menu displays the realtime logfile.
Please download WebCFG-bundle-installer.sh and start installation of WebCFG to /opt/WebCFG-bundle:
If you have to install WebCFG without using a graphical display (X11 windows system), please append "-c" to the installer:
Follow the instructions now.
The following picture belongs to the installation process based on
- microsoft windows (WebCFG-bundle-installer.exe)
- generic unix installation (WebCFG-bundle-installer.sh)